Oakland Natives Give Back aims to inspire young people and give them hope that they have a bright future ahead of them. With the support of their families, friends and the whole school community, it is possible for them to achieve academic and social success.
To accomplish this, ONGB has launched the Achievement Influencer Program (AIP), a program that will connect high school seniors to a team of highly-skilled professionals who are committed to promoting positive youth development, and nurturing student achievement. High school seniors who participate in this internship program will receive up to $500 monthly stipend, totaling $4000 for the school year.
This program is designed to support high school seniors and their families. The goal is for the seniors to sharpen hard and soft skills to prepare them for the workplace, cultivate a strong culture of learning, foster a connected community for young scholars, and most importantly, provide seniors with an opportunity to develop as influential leaders on their campuses and beyond.
To participate in this program, both students and their families need to complete an AIP application. Enrollment for the 22-23 school year opens on August 8th. There will be info sessions conducted at select school sites the week of Aug, 22th. Applications will be reviewed and acceptance letters will be shared by Aug, 29th. If you’re selected to participate, you will be invited to an orientation and onboarding session where you will receive details on next steps, connected to your AIP team, and develop an achievement plan.
Enrolled In An OUSD School
Willing To Attend School Every Day
Willing To Provide Weekly Attendance Reports
1. Attend school on time daily and maintain good attendance each month. Students must attend all periods each day. They are only allowed one excused absence per month.
2. Participate in networking opportunities and social media interactions with Achievement Coordinators, coaches, and other influencers.
3. Attend and participate in all training sessions and meetings with school staff and your supervisor.
4. Serve as a positive academic and attendance role model.
5. Educate students in your school and neighboring schools about the importance of being a leader and attending school every day.
6. Complete a career plan and educational plan.
7. Engage in personal and professional development opportunities as provided by ONGB.
8. Sign up for Achievement coaching sessions and Achievement Coach around resume and cover letter preparation, interview skills, and college applications.
9. Respond to information requests for attendance records, transcripts, resumes, or other materials as needed.
10. Complete program questionnaires as asked or required.
Step 1 – Sign Up On Our BOTP
Step 2 – Attend An Information Session
Step 3 – Schedule An Interview
Step 4 – Complete The Application
Step 5 – Acceptance Letter Confirmation